Sunday, May 3, 2009

Book Review: Animal Hide and Seek

I come from a family of avid readers and I am proving to be no exception in my love for books. My mommy grew up in a bookstore in Houston. It was all murder mysteries so I am not sure what those are yet. I do know what I like though! So I thought I would share books I have read and let you know if they are worthy of your time or if they are better to be a coaster for your sippy cups. My current favorite is the Animal Hide-n-Seek Touchy Feely book.

It's a board book which is a must for me since I must turn the pages and those skinny pages are too hard to flip. There are lots of different textures, like the corn the hens eat, the ears on the dog, the rough plants that my mommy doesn't know the name of (she makes up a new name every time and thinks I don't catch on!), and the soft little pigs. It captures my attention from beginning to end (all 5 pages of it), so mommy and I get to read it at least 8 times before bed. Mommy really likes it too and there is always another animal sound or color that she points out each time we read it. I highly recommend it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet Mack, I'm so glad you love to read. That was an excellent review! Don't worry about your mommy's murder mystery past...they are just grown-up puzzle books, you will love The Hardy Boys in just a few years. Keep reading!! Grandmommy

Casey said...

sounds like a precious book, I think we'll have to get that one! miss y'all!!!!!!!!