Sunday, June 14, 2009

Florida Fun

We recently returned from a family trip to Florida to visit grandma and grandpa Mickelsen and my great-grandpa. The plane ride was fun ... I got to take a really long nap. Mommy and Daddy say I'm the best traveller. I fell asleep while the plane took off.

We surprised my grandma for her 60th birthday. Boy, was she not expecting us to walk in the door! It was a lot of fun to celebrate with her.

We went to the beach on Monday for grouper sandwhiches (for the adults) and I discovered chicken fingers and BBQ sauce! Yes I am a true Texan.

But I still do not like the beach. I do not like to frolic in the water. I do not like to feel my toes in the sand. I do not like the beach Mack I am.

But I did love playing in the pool! I wasn't sure about it at first (it's really big!) but daddy let me ride on his shoulders and threw me up in the air. I can't wait to go swimming again!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such cute pictures! Mack, I absolutely agree, sand between the toes is really icky. Bet you made it the best birthday ever for your wonderful grandma and aren't surprises fun! Love you, Moma

Jack said...

Mack, it sure looks like you had a lot of fun! Course, that's easy when you are with your Grandparent Mickelsen's. I understand about not liking the hot sand. I have to stand on my mommies feet sometimes outside. I think that's why her's are so big and mine so tiny.
Maybe we can go swimming sometime together at Moma and Papa's house?